Friday, October 2, 2009

A Nirvana

nirvana

So for some reason I woke up today and decided I wasn’t in the mood for electronic music today. Which is ALL I have been listening to for days on end. Especially Chemical Brothers, then I started breaking into some Roni Size (& one of my favorite Roni Size projects Breakbeat Era), as well as Dub Pistols & my favorite… Underworld. But today felt different, so I broke out some Nirvana, imported all the albums & singles I could find and threw on some compilation tracks.

Nirvana’s releases have always bothered me a little, the main albums are awesome (however, Bleach isn’t my favorite as some would think) but as far as collecting their leftovers, I always thought it was really sloppy. Especially for a band that had supposedly made such a huge impact. I guess its all the legalities with everything not being handled by the main members. At least there is Insecticide. Today I’m going to throw at you some b-sides that I always thought it was a shame that the original versions weren’t more accessible. subpop200 This version of Spank Thru is the only one I actually like, which is a little depressing seeing that it is only available on the Sub Pop 200 comp and I’ve never seen it on any collections.

Come As You Are [Single]/Nevermind (vinyl & some cd versions)
Endless, Nameless

Sub Pop 200 Compilation
Spank Thru (studio version)

Heart Shaped Box [Single]
Moise Vagina (studio)

Enjoy Friends!

----11:41pm update-------
There are apparently TWO Nirvana releases coming out on the same fucking day. November 3rd will apparently be Nirvana “Live” Day because Bleach is being reissued with a bonus live disc with a show from ‘90 and also an infamous show (that I've never heard of where Kurt apparently came out in a wheelchair) ..at Reading is being re-mastered and released with a CD/DVD version and single cd or single DVD version. So apparently… on November 3rd.. if you give a shit, get your out your flannel and go to the record shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment