Monday, May 17, 2010

By Request - Part 3 of my 90's B-Side mix

I have 2 90's b-side mixes that I hold in a fairly high esteem, they have their blemishes but I still really love them. Today I finalized a third collection, about 2-3 years after the first two. I know I tried in the past to create new ones but I hated all the transitions and even some of the tracks.

I do have some guide lines for these types of mixes,
1. Must have been released in the 90's.
2. The mix should be around 60 minutes, like a mix tape. (i know some cassettes ran longer but standardly it was 60min tapes)
3. I don't think I have more then 2 rules for this one.

the past ones don't have any artwork or anything for them, because their for personal use so yanno I don't really go through the extra effort. However, I was thinking of making a "Boxed Set" version of them. I thought it would be fun.

I only included one source for each track but some of these definitely have multiple sources. Like "Burn" by NIN was also released on the Deluxe Edition of The Downward Spiral, also this is important, the version of Smash Mouth's "Sorry About Your Penis" is the fast punk rock version not the Lounge version released on the Orgazmo Soundtrack

Best of the 90's: The B-Sides, Part 3
1. Nine Inch Nails "Burn" - Natural Born Killers OST
2. Hum "Puppets" - Comin' Home Single
3. Archers of Loaf "What Did You Expect" - The Speed of Cattle
4. Queens of the Stone Age "Born to Hula" - Kyuss Split
5. Butthole Surfers "Pottery" - Escape from LA OST
6. The Melvins "Instant Larry" - Demon Knight OST
7. Violent Femmes "Color Me Once" - The Crow OST
8. Stabbing Westward "Dawn" - Escape From LA OST
9. Garbage "#1 Crush" - Romeo & Juliet OST
10. Presidents of the USA "Man" - Good Burger OST
11. Smash Mouth "Sorry About Your Penis" - Walkin' On The Sun Single
12. Sugar Ray "Rivers" - Scream 2 OST
13. Wax "Mallrats" - Mallrats OST
14. The Offspring "Mission From God" - Punk O Rama 10 comp
15. Bad Religion "Mediocrity" 21st Century Digital Boy Single
16. Sublime "Trenchtown Rock" Second Hand Smoke
17. Folk Implosion "Natural One" Kids OST
18. that dog. "I Invented A Head" Old Time Single

No comments:

Post a Comment