Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Refreshments Go Lo

group

So I wasn’t a huge fan of the Refreshments album “Fizzy Fuzzy Big & Buzzy” when it came out back in the day, of course I loved the hits “Down Together” & “Banditos” but the album just didn’t connect with my 13 year old brain. Not like Bush or Everclear (or even better Korn). [side note still love Everclear today and listen to the 1st third of their discography on a very normal basis]

HOWEVER, in the past couple of days I have become well aquainted with the earlier workings of the Refreshments and find them quite addicting and just fun to listen to. I’m a huge fan of 90’s music and considering I grew up and experienced the 90’s through teenage eyes, it’s not real surprise. So today I’m offering up some Refreshments love for all those enthusiasts out refreshments

there. Before the Refreshments were signed to a major label they were rockin’ it independent style with they’re first effort “Wheelie” & EP counterpart Lo, Our Much Praised Yet Not Altogether Satisfactory Lady”. I’ve come to really love the track “Los Angeles” on it which is actually the only exclusive track amongst the two releases. Anyone interested in an mp3 copy of “Wheelie” please leave a comment, Thanks thats it for now…

oh, also go check out crystal method’s site for a free remix! and you can stream their new album.. I’m digging it more then the last couple of releases.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love a copy of wheelie. Mine was lost in a HD crash

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mario check out this blog for Wheelie, sorry this is 6 months later but I didn't notice your comment until now.

    http://azlocal.blogspot.com/2008/03/refreshments-wheelie-1994.html

    ReplyDelete