Monday, August 17, 2009

Wax on Wax

Wax_7_InchToday I received the new Wax  7” from SideOneDummy, which is about… 15 years late? sort of. Wax is doing a reunion at some festival that I won’t be able to make it to but I can still order the bonus songs from the bands final LP. I know one of these tracks ended up on a single for “California”, the most popular (i think) Wax track out there. However I find “Mallrats” far more memorable or even the three songs from the Bio-Dome soundtrack, but whatever I’m sure the 2min of watching a man run on fire sparked some teenage interest in the mid 90’s. They also did a rendition of  Ren & Stimply’sHappy, Happy, Joy, Joy” for Saturday Morning Cartoon’s Greatest Hits.

Wax’s 2nd and probably more well known album 13 Unlucky Numbers is quite a find. I never used to think so, in fact I remember finding many testimonies to its horrendousness back in the day, but anything I ever said about that album after revisiting a lot of 90’s bands a couple years back I completely take back. You can find it relatively cheap in used and bargin bins as well as Amazon of course. so go find it check out the tracks I posted and have some fun.

Wax random stuff
California
Mallrats
Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

and check out their myspace??

No comments:

Post a Comment